Here is a recipe for a low-fat Frittata. I started with a recipe from Kraftfoods.com, but decided that it was far too many calories for me, so I made a few changes and it turned out great!
Potato and Sausage Frittata
- 1 large potato, cooked and diced (I cooked the potato into the microwave for 7 minutes on high – make sure you poke the potato with a fork so it doesn’t explode. Then I removed the skin and chopped it into bite sized pieces.
- 3 breakfast sausage links
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of milk – we use fat free
- 1 Tablespoon Light Mayo
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme – you could use dried if that is all you have…use a little less though. It would also be yummy with rosemary.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook and dice potato.
2. Cook sausage links according to package and chop into bite sized pieces.
3. Combine potatoes and sausage; spoon into 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Beat eggs, egg whites and milk in small bowl with whisk until well blended. Whisk in Mayo, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture.
5. BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until center is set. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve. Serves 6. 108 Calories and 5.5 g. of fat per serving.
This would be great served at a brunch with fresh fruit!