Here is my mom’s recipe for Vegetable Soup. She made it last week and when I was over, she made me a bowl and WOW! It was so good! I thought I would share it with you!
Mom’s Vegetable Soup
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1 package of Knorr French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 lb of carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 16 oz. package of frozen white sweet corn
- 1 large can diced mexican style (with pepper and onions) tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste ( I used about 1/2 a teaspoon)
- 3 cups water
1. Chop celery, carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, and onion. Try to make them all close to the same size, except for the onion – smaller is better!
2. Dump all of the ingredients into the biggest soup pot you have and stir it up. Here are the brands I used.
3. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 2-3 hours. Taste the soup before you serve it and make sure there is enough salt and pepper. I added a little more at the end. How easy is that!? It makes a huge pot so you can eat it all week. It is really low in calories and fat free! 🙂 Enjoy!