The chocolate craving hit at about 1 pm today. Here is the result! 🙂
- 1 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces (1 bag) Hershey’s dark chocolate chips
Directions: (PLEASE NOTE: The pictures are for a half batch because, well, let’s face it, the last thing I need is 5 dozen cookies lying around my house!)
Before we start, check out my sou chef! I love that he is playing with a Cookie Monster book too! 🙂
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs and stir well.
4. In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
6. Add dark chocolate chips and stir.
7. Drop by heaping tablespoon onto a cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 8 minutes. (I have to turn my sheets around half way through since my oven does not cook evenly.)
9. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Pour yourself a big glass of milk and enjoy!!
Full recipe yields about 5 dozen cookies.