- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar mixture (1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Up to 1 tablespoon milk or water (You want the icing a little thick so it doesn’t just run off the warm cake.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and coat the pan with the 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Stir together sugars, oil, apple sauce, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda , salt and cinnamon. Stir until it just comes together and everything is moist.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour into bundt pan and smooth the top with your spoon. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 5 minutes. I poked mine with a long steak knife and when it came out clean, I knew it was done. Mine took 1 hour, 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then run a butter knife around the edges and turn onto a plate or cooking rack.
- Mix together the icing ingredient and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Oh so yummy!